Saturday, October 30, 2010

Olive Oil - it keeps getting better

A recent study has shown olive oil to help protect against liver damage.
This is yet another benefit to the Mediterranean superfood, which also include:
-          Improving lipid profiles
-          Being an excellent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory
-          Lowering blood pressure
-          Regulating blood sugar levels
-          Reducing the risk of cancer

I currently consume about 6 tablespoons per day of olive oil as part of my offseason diet plan, and I include it in all of my clients diet plans, regardless of whether it’s a fat loss plan or a muscle gain plan.   
If olive oil isn’t part of your current diet, I highly suggest adding it. 
It’s a calorically-dense food though (about 120 calories per tablespoon) so use accordingly.
    

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shelby! Great blog! Do you mix the olive oil usually with your shakes? Keep up the good work! -ryan

    ReplyDelete